For those of us that have made it out of 2009, now it is the time to start 2010 out right. This means re-evaluating our business objectives and goals for 2010. For some of us, that may be rebuilding or undoing some of the damage that 2009 did to our businesses.
In starting 2010 out right, we all need to ask ourselves:
1) What are our revenue goals for the year?
2) What are the assumptions that have gone into our revenue projections?
3) How can we defend against potential threats to our revenue projections?
4) How/If you will use social networking in 2010 – don’t worry even many experts have not found ways to monetize social networking however it does allow us to communicate and collaborate with current and potential customers.
5) How will you protect your cash in 2010….as someone told me…Cash is not just King….Cash is the Emperor. If the cash is not available…almost nothing happens in an organization.
6) What will you need to do each day to achieve your business goals?
2010 also brings a variety of positives.
- Highly Skilled Available Workforce – due to the economic downturn and mass layoffs and high unemployment, there are a high number of highly skilled individuals that have been in the market for a while and would consider joining your team at a discount
- Increase in Temporary Workers in 4Q 2009 will lead to full-time hires sometime in 2010 as the economy continues to recover
- Increase in Consumer and Business Confidence – an increase in confidence comes first before an increase in purchasing
- Pent Up Demand in the MarketPlace – consumers and businesses have put so many projects and purchases on hold due to the economy, this pent up demand will break through and consumers and businesses will start purchasing at much higher rates.
So now that we have made it to 2010…and that was no small accomplishment in light of 2009, it is time to start growing again and BE A PART OF THE ECONOMIC RECOVERY.
Agent Technologies, Inc.